Bwejuu & Dongwe
Matemwe village, on the north eastern coast of Zanzibar, looks out to the small and exclusive island of Mnemba. Unlike many of the other beaches on the island it has stayed relatively untouched by tourism until recently. It is possible to see why this beautiful and expansive beach has become so popular. As with many of the beaches on Zanzibar, it is true that the tidal range is very large and so the beach really becomes vast at low tide...but it is still possible to swim here throughout the day and, when the tide comes in, it really is of a paradise
What to see and do
- Ocean action – windsurfing, kite-surfing, dhow sailing, paddle boarding.
- Viewing marine life – snorkelling, diving, reef safaris.
- Fun on the beach – sunbathing, traditional games, modern beach games.
- Relaxation – peaceful surroundings, top-class treatments at the resort spas.
- Romance – privacy, candlelit dinners, weddings, honeymoons.
- Cultural experiences – Swahili cooking lessons, village tours.
- Wildlife trips – Jozani Forest.